- If you wish to participate to one or more of our activities, you need to fill out the booking form, which constitutes a contract between you (also referred to as “the customer” hereinafter) and “Climb Up” (referred to as “the company” hereinafter).
- All persons wishing to make a booking are required to carefully read, understand and consent to the Terms and Conditions outlined on this document. Signing the current document (“Terms and Conditions”) and the booking form implies that both you and the people under your custody acknowledge to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The booking is confirmed only after the company sends back to you confirmation invoice or email. At this point both you and the company are under a contractual obligation.
- Even if the booking is confirmed, the company still reserves the right to break the contract, if the payment is not received in due time, or the minimum requirement of participants is not met.
- The company reserves the right to decline any booking request.
Risk Management Policy for Covid 19
All activities organized by “Climb Up” are in line with the measures against Covid19 as defined by the competent health authorities and which are summarized as follows:
- All practical-theoretical lessons take place exclusively in open well-ventilated areas (mountains, external climbing walls, outdoor climbing fields).
- In cases where participants have to travel by vehicle, they must wear their protective mask.
- All participants must fill in their contact details which are kept in the company for as long as possible for the case of tracking.
- Before the start of each activity, temperature is measured with an electronic thermometer.
- During the hiking access to the climbing fields a distance of 2m is observed between the participants.
- Recommendations are made for compliance with the general rules for the prevention of the spread of Covid19, as announced by the competent health authorities.
- During the activity prohibited embraces and handshakes, unless the participants are first degree kinship.
- All participants (staff and customers) are required to be provided with a mask, disinfectant gel or antiseptic wipes (But please, no litter no trace).
- In case one of the participants finds positive for covid, the participants in the same trip will be informed immediately by the company, as a precaution against the spread of the virus.
- In case you display any of the covid19 symptoms, your registration will be cancelled without paying the fee of the cancellation policy.
- After the end of the training, the metal equipment is disinfected according to the instructions of the manufacturers.
On receipt of your deposit we will confirm your booking and send you a document with trekking and travelling information and a list of necessary equipment.
The maximum number of participants for scheduled trips is 24 persons, and the minimum is 4 persons. The company reserves the right to serve more or less people at an extra cost. We are happy to discuss the details of any program with you via the phone or email.
General Cancellation policy
Should you need to cancel your booking, please notify us in advance by email, cancellation will take effect upon receipt and answer on your email.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
- 60 days or more before departure – full refund of the deposit.
- 59 to 30 days before departure – 35% of the total amount.
- 29 to 10 days before departure – 50% of the total amount.
- 9 days or less prior to departure – total amount will be withheld.
Unless a special cancellation policy is specified in the brochure.
Cancellation by operator
The company reserves the right to cancel any activity due to force majeure. Real effort will be expended on organizing another activity of the same value (at minimum). If the company cancels an activity, you are provided with two options: either a full refund or another activity. The company is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, such as, but not limited to visas, vaccinations, non-refundable connecting flights or loss of enjoyment, etc. If you choose an activity of a lower value than the originally booked, then you are entitled to a refund of the price difference. If the chosen activity is of a higher price, then you must pay the difference.
Currency and Bank transaction costs
The cost of the excursions and trips are in Euro (€) and the accepted is only Euro (€)
The payment should be net (as it is written) and any transactions fees burden exclusively the customer.
The meeting point will be determined through email or a phone call no later than the day before departure. You must be at the meeting point 10 minutes prior the departure so as to avoid any unnecessary delays.
Local representative / agent
The name, mail address and telephone number of the company Representative/Agent will be forwarded to you, along with the pre- departure information as will the leader’s and guides’ names.
In general, activities can be strenuous and require a good deal of walking and climbing stairs frequently. We strongly suggest that you discuss any health concerns regarding the activity with your personal physician beforehand. In order to ensure a smooth, safe and pleasant experience for all the participants, the company is required to exclude any person unfit for participation due to mental illness, serious, chronic or contagious disease, advanced pregnancy, senility or infirmity. We also strongly suggest that you take sufficient quantities of any specific medication you require.
As health requirements may change without notice, please check with your personal physician or public health service for current required or recommended inoculations.
Additional Assistance: In order to ensure the smooth implementation of the activity for all group members, any traveler requiring special assistance must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for providing all such assistance. Or you may contact the company to arrange for appropriate assistance at an additional cost.
Booking and service conditions
Should special circumstances arise, such as, but not limited to civil strife, war, riots, weather or technical delays, strikes, airport blockage, national disasters or emergency or any other incidence that entails delays or extensions to the activities/excursions, the company and its agents does not accept liability for any collateral damage, loss or expense. Any possible refund will then be subject to deduction of reasonable expenses.
Should such events, as listed in the previous paragraph, occur prior to scheduled departure, the company will try to offer alternative arrangements, or if this is not possible or acceptable, refund all moneys paid less any reasonable expenses.
Release and Assumption of Risk
The program you are participating in under the arrangements of “Climb Up” and its agents carries potential risks and dangers, including, but not limited to the hazards of traveling in rugged, mountain wilderness, accidents and illness due to the forces of nature and travel by air, auto, mules, boat or other mean of transportation. The programs take place in desolate, inhospitable areas often many miles away from medical facilities, and can involve climbing, hiking, biking, flying, caving, rafting, game spotting and bushwhacking, all of which could be potentially dangerous. In consideration of, and as part payment for, the right to participate in such programs, “Climb Up”, its agents and staff are not to be held accountable for actions, causes of action, debts, claims, and demands of every kind and nature whatsoever, which have or may arise of or in connection to the program. These terms serve as a disclaimer and assumption of risk for the participants’ heirs, executors and administrators and for all members of the participants’ family, including any minors.
Furthermore, bear in mind that “Climb Up” local representative/agent and all other persons acting for the company, have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness level, illness or abilities. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction. The customer is obliged to abide by the directions and instructions provided by the local representative/agent of the company at all times. The customer understands that the activity can be terminated at any time upon the direction of the local representative/agent of the company, if they consider that he/she is not complying with the provided instructions or endangering him/herself, other persons of the group, “Climb Up” local representative/agent, property or legal entity, the environment or any other third party. In the event that the customer’s activity has to be terminated by a local representative/agent of the company due to the reasons cited above, the cost of the activity will not be refunded, and also any other additional cost incurred by this decision will burden exclusively the customer.
The customer is required to take out an insurance that provides adequate cover for medical expenses, personal accident, loss of baggage and the excursion curtailment or cancellation. It is all the individuals’ responsibility to finance on-the-spot medical treatment and other contingencies, then to reclaim this from their insurance upon return, and to ensure that they have adequate protection for expensive equipment. Please, save all the documentation which may be necessary when submitting a claim. Individuals should ensure their insurance covers all aspects of the offered program/activity, such as for off piste skiing for the heli skiing programs and mountaineering with ropes for programs which can or will require the use of technical climbing equipment.
No refund or compensation will be given for any unused hotel accommodation or any other unused service or feature of the tour, nor will such accommodation, service or feature be exchangeable for other accommodation, services or features, or transferable to other persons.
No employee or agent of the company can change the conditions of ‘Climb Up’ and any such change shall be of no effect, unless it has been signed by the director of the company.
If you have a complaint while on holiday you must bring it to the attention of ‘Climb Up’ local representative/agent and/or the hotel who will do their best to rectify the situation. It is unreasonable to take no action whilst on holiday, but then write a letter of complaint upon return. However, should a problem remain unresolved, a written complaint should be submitted within 28 days after the completion of the activity. Please, remember to quote the name of the excursion and the date that it took place. If any complaint cannot be settled amicably, you may refer any dispute relating to this contract to an arbitrator.
Tickets and timetable
All references to departure times in our brochures are for your guidance only and are subject to change. In these cases the company is not responsible for additional costs incurred by clients’ traveling to and from the point of departure.
A crucial obligation of the clients participating in group tours is to arrive on time for the scheduled event during the tour. The lack of punctuality may force the tour leader to depart with the rest of the group. In this case, the traveler(s) left behind will miss the rest of the tour or portion of it and will have to travel by his/her (their) own means. The company will refuse to refund any services used by the traveler(s) that was not offered in the tour package due to delayed arrival. The customers are personally and exclusively responsible for the issue and safe-keeping of all the necessary travelling papers (passports etc). In the case of illness, the tour leader will make every possible effort to deal with the situation. However, if the aforementioned illness causes problems to the continuation of the journey, the tour leader will continue the scheduled program without further ado with the rest of the group after warning all the authorities in charge (i.e: Consulate, hospital, etc.). Any extra cost of transportation and transition to a nearby medical center is the sole responsibility of the client.
The customer consents to be tracked by GPS and to be recorded / photographed for commercial and security purposes as required
Programs, texts, flyers, images are intellectual property of the company and cannot be used without its representative’s written consent.
Any information or advice given by the company regarding travel documents, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to you, and the company is not responsible for any errors or inaccuracies as to the information provided.
This document shall be governed by Greek laws and in the event of any offense ensued by or connected with participation in any activity organized by the company that action shall be tried only in the Courts of Kalamata, Greece, and shall be time-barred according to the Greek statute of limitations.